LesBiCon: What do young lesbian and bisexual women want and need?
The Proud Trust and Young Women’s Health Project are recognising International Women’s Day 2017 with an event bringing together young lesbian and bisexual women aged 14-25 alongside women professionals and decisions makers. This event is organised in collaboration Sylvia Pankhurst Gender Research Centre who are hosting the evening.
When: Thursday 9th March 2017 4:30-7:30pm
Where: The Ormond Building Council Chamber, Manchester Metropolitan University, All Saints Campus, M15 (Entrance off Lower Ormond Street)
Influential Women and Women leaders are invited to attend the event which will offer an opportunity to a engage with young Lesbian and Bisexual women directly to help bring about local change in Manchester. Women do not need to identify as lesbian or bisexual themselves but are coming with a willingness to hear from the young women involved in the event.
What the event will offer:
– An educational, open and safe space for women who love women and other women allies.
– Learning around specific health needs of lesbian and bisexual women
– Guidance on how to make your own work or service more inclusive of young lesbian and bisexual women
– Information to feed into financial decision making in the city around inclusion, health and youth and other agendas
– Free health resources to use in work with young people developed by young lesbian and bisexual women
– Accessible intergenerational space for both young lesbian and bisexual and women leaders to collaborate and exchange thoughts and experiences
The event will comprise a range of different activities and inputs including:
Political cake decorating
RSVP to myrtle.finley[@]theproudtrust.org / 07530 316 656 by 2nd March 17
Download the invite here: LesBiCon IWD 9.3.17 Invite.